Adding multiple pictures to an Instagram story is a great way of keeping your stories streamlined, coherent, and of course ensuring that your followers can view them all when ready, rather than waiting for you to upload and edit each individual picture.
To learn how, follow our tutorial below. For any additional information or queries, see our FAQs at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
How to add multiple pictures to an Instagram story (Android/iOS)
- Open up the Instagram app on your smartphone and sign in if prompted
- Press the (+) icon at the top of the homepage to add a new post/story/reel
- Along the bottom of the next screen, select ‘story’
- Tap the Gallery icon in the bottom-left (to add pictures to your story from your phone’s gallery)
- In the top-right of the next screen, you’ll see an icon like two squares overlapping. This is the ‘Select Multiple’ icon – tap it!
- Now select up to 10 pictures from your Gallery to add to your story (you can select them in order – but don’t worry, you can edit the order later). When happy, tap ‘Next’
- You can now edit each individual picture just like you would any other Instagram story. To edit the order, simply tap and hold the picture’s thumbnail along the bottom, and drag and drop it into its new order (you can also drag and drop pictures into the bin/trash can to remove them from your story)
- Once you’re happy with the order and edits of your multiple selected pictures, simply tap ‘Next’ and then lastly tap the ‘Share’ button next to ‘Your story’.
And there you have it! Once you know how, you’ll rarely post a story without doing so with multiple pictures, like this. For any additional information or queries, see our FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
Why would I want to add multiple pictures to an Instagram story?
Adding multiple pictures to your Instagram story in one go is an excellent means of keeping the continuity of your story strong, whilst ensuring no one is able to see the first few pictures before you have time to upload the rest.
If, for example, you’re telling the story of a recent holiday, or selling a new product via your story, it’s handy to be able to bulk upload and edit images to your story so that your followers can view them all in a row at once, without having to wait for you to upload and edit each individual element.
Can I still edit the pictures like you would on a normal story?
Yes! Absolutely. You’ll see the row of selected images along the bottom of the story editing screen, and you can cycle through them to select and edit each in turn, just as you would on any other normal story
What’s the limit for adding multiple images to an Instagram story?
You are able to upload up to 10 images in one go.