Sea of Thieves is a brilliant open-world game that’s slowly taking the world by storm, prompting a large number of players to check out all the fascinating mysteries that hide behind the seashores. And even though this adventure is actually a multiplayer game, it relies heavily on the Xbox app that’s available for Windows 10, leaving players confused and wondering how they can actually add their friends in an effort to play together.
If you are wondering how you could add friends when using Sea of Thieves on your PC as well, here is a quick guide that might help:
Using the Xbox application
If you wish to add your friends in an effort to play the game together, you will need to go through the Xbox app that’s available only on Windows 10, instead of the usual in-game or Steam invites options. Here’s how to utilize this application:
- Firstly, you will need to download the Xbox application from the Microsoft Store on your PC, if you haven’t already.
- Then, you will need to log in to your account or make a new one if you don’t have an Xbox profile.
- On the Xbox app homescreen, press the Friends tab.
- Here, you can enter the username of the specific friend you’d like to add.
- Then, simply click on Add Friend in an effort to connect with the specific friend.
- You will also have the opportunity to select between the Friends and Favorites options for the people you’ve added, which details the information you’re willing to share with them. You can click on the ‘Share my real name’ option here as well, in case your friends aren’t aware of your Xbox username.
- When you’ve finished, simply press OK.
Inviting your friends to play Sea of Thieves
Now that you’ve added your friends through the necessary app, you can effortlessly invite them to play Sea of Thieves with you. Here’s how:
- Firstly, load Sea of Thieves, and then begin a new game.
- Now, you will have the opportunity to select the size of the crew, from the Sloop option (2 players max) to the Galleon option (4 players max).
- After you’ve selected a type of ship, a new pop-up will then appear on your screen.
- Here, you will see the option to invite your friends.
- Once all your friends have joined the game, all you have to do is click on Set Sail in order to begin playing.
And there you have it! Although it requires a couple of unnecessary additional steps, adding and playing with your friends on Sea of Thieves is still quite a quick and simple process.