Discord is currently among the most popular text and voice communication applications available. It’s especially loved among avid gamers, as it allows them to communicate while playing games as a team, and not only through chats on the platform.
For this reason, it’s no wonder you might want to start adding your friends on Discord, especially if you plan on playing interesting games with your pals. However, if you’ve joined this platform for the first time, even this simple procedure might look a bit confusing at first.
To help you out, here are some ways you could add your friends on the Discord application:
Adding friends when on a computer
Whether you’re using the Discord Web or Desktop application, you can easily add your friends by following the steps below:
- Open the Discord application on your computer, or open your preferred browser and go to Discord’s website. Then, sign in to your account.
- Press the Home button (Discord icon) in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Here, press on the Friends option in the left sidebar, and then press the green Add Friend tab at the beginning of the next page.
- Under the Add Friend section, enter the Discort Tag of the friend you’d like to add. This tag represents your friend’s username, in combination with a 4-number code.
- Finally, press the purple Send Friend Request tab to add your friend, and wait until they accept you.
Note: Alternatively, you could also add friends directly through their profile when you find them on servers, for instance. To do this, right-click on their name, and then press Profile. Here, you could click on the Send Friend Request tab to add the person as a friend.
Adding friends when using the mobile app
If you’re using Discord on your tablet or smartphone, on the other hand, you can add friends by following these steps:
- Load the Discord application on your device and sign in if necessary.
- Click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) at the top.
- Here, press the Home button (three silhouettes).
- Now, click on the Friends option, and then press the white ‘person and a + sign’ icon at the top.
- Here, enter the Discort Tag of the friend you’d like to add. This tag represents your friend’s username, in combination with a 4-number code.
- Finally, press the blue Send tab to add your friend, and wait until they accept you.
Note: Alternatively, you could also utilize the Start Nearby Scanning option here. This feature uses your device’s Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to locate any friends that might be close to you at the moment.
And there you have it! Whether you’re using a computer or a mobile device, adding your friends on Discord is as quick and simple as completing a couple of easy steps.