When you open Google Chrome, a default homepage will appear, along with the search bar, as well as the icons of your “Most Visited” websites. Whether you want to change the appearance of your homepage or you simply want to make web browsing easier with selected shortcuts, this tutorial will allow you to quickly and easily add or remove icons on the Google Chrome homepage:
Adding new icons:
- Open Google Chrome.
- On the homepage, you will see a list of the “Most Visited” websites. At the end of the list, there should be an Add shortcut button (a white circle with a black plus). Press to add a new icon.
- A pop-up window will now appear with two empty bars. In the Name bar, you can type in the name of the shortcut you would like to add. In the URL bar, you should paste the address of the website you would like to add to your homepage.
- After the URL is pasted, and the icon is named, all you have to do is press the blue Done button in the lower-right corner of the window.
- The new icon is now automatically added to your Google Chrome homepage.
Note: When you add a new shortcut, a pop-up will appear, allowing you to either Undo the action or Restore default shortcuts, in case you made a mistake.
Editing and removing icons
- Open Google Chrome.
- On the homepage, you will see a list of either the “Most Visited” icons, or the shortcuts you created yourself.
- In order to edit or remove an icon, hover you cursor over it, and then click on Edit shortcut (three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of the icon).
- A pop-up window will now appear, with the Name and URL You can edit these bars however you wish, and then press the blue Done button after you’ve finished.
- If you want to remove the icon, simply press the Remove button in the lower-left corner, and the shortcut will automatically be deleted from the homepage.
Note: When you remove a shortcut, a pop-up will appear, allowing you to either Undo the action or Restore default shortcuts, in case you made a mistake.
As you can see, adding, editing, and removing icons on the Google Chrome homepage is an incredibly quick and simple process, but it makes your browsing experience that much easier and more convenient.